Recently, the largest NYREX Chaser Bin made by Trufab Global to date was dispatched from our yard. It was 62,000 litres, including the entire range of standard features the NYREX offers, sitting on the Sly Intelligent Multi- Use Track System supplied by Sly Agri.
As harvest creeps around the corner we've noticed our Twitter followers looking for some hard working farm hands. Having a large social media network, as well as our website we figured this could bring some good exposure to farmers Australia wide who need some help finding the perfect person to welcome on to their family farm this harvest season. We hope that these listings may help you find who you are looking for. If it does, please shoot us an email or message on our socials as we would love to know if it is something we should do every year.
- Check your tyre pressure. It seems simple, and it is. Find out now if you need to pump those bad boys up before getting it into the paddock.
- Check your auger flighting to ensure it hasn't worn thin. If it has it's time to organise a replacement. Thin auger flighting can slow down your discharge rate, which is ultimately going to slow down your entire operation.
- Check your bearings ensuring they are greased, and that there is no obvious wear.
- Check your sprockets for wear.
- Ensure that your chain is tensioned. (Tensioning the chain regularly not only enhances the safety of the operator but also reduces the amount of chain wear and damage.)
- Have a once over with your roll tarp, ensuring there are no holes or rips.
- Check the clutch on your PTO shaft.
- Grease your uni-joints.
- Make sure your light kit is operational.
- Ensure ample water is in your firefighting unit.
- General once over for any obvious cracking or fatigue.
After a dry start to the year, with a satisfying turn in the weather in the last couple of weeks we are starting to prepare ourselves for two of the biggest days in Wheatbelt; Dowerin Field Days. Each year we try to come up with something different to have on our site, each year we keep everything the same. This year, our site will remain in the same spot, facing the same way, with the team greeting you outside the same container. However, this year there is something much more exciting on our site. Something you definitely won't want to miss.
As we are reaching the peak of paddock burning across the state, we thought it wise to recap a few best practice tips for burning. They might be obvious, but who knows they might be the gentle reminder some people need- especially after such a bountiful harvest the fuel load in some areas is much higher than normal.
We realise legislation is changing quickly surrounding backpackers and it can be a bit confusing to stay up to date. Use this information as a guide only, as you might need to seek professional advice. Under Fairwork your legal responsibilities for hiring backpackers are the same as employing any other person.
There are a number of industry groups floating around the Wheatbelt for farmers and businesses. We thought it would be handy to put together a list of all the Wheatbelt industry groups we know of. We would love your input if there are any we missed!
- AgConnectWA- Previously WA YoungFarmers aims to connect young people in the agriculture industry across the region including Merredin, Esperance, Katanning, and Kalgoorlie. The aim is
As you may have noticed the first part of 2017 left the Wheatbelt of Western Australia thoroughly saturated. Unfortunately a few lives were lost in the terrible flooding. The havoc included ruined roads, major gutters in paddocks, destroyed dams, and left people throughout Ravensthorpe stranded. The damage toll continues to climb as Shires throughout the Wheatbelt, Goldfields, and Gascoyne are scrambling to repair roads and keep residents safe.
As you might know the state election is looming and the Wheatbelt is a hot area. The candidates campaigning for the area are No-Till Bill (Crabtree) and Mia Davies, both reputable and passionate about Wheatbelt issues. We have been doing some research and have uncovered some fun facts you may not know about these candidates!